Second Patent Grant Confirms Kim at Forefront of No Code Revolution
Patent: Expert system for automation, data collection, validation and managed storage without programming and without deployment
In a significant market milestone Kim (www.ask.kim), the no-code Document and Automation-as-a-Service platform, that is also designed to seamlessly integrate with existing systems to enable end-to-end solutions and the digitisation of operations, has been granted its second patent.
Richard Yawn, Founder and CTO of Kim said “Kim enables individuals (Knowledge Workers) with no IT development or coding expertise to configure simple to complex, local to global, workflow and document automation solutions. This has been our vision; workflow, document generation, forms, data model, dashboards and other capability all creating solutions that are automatically available to end Users with no coding. This patent grant is big moment for Kim and the Kim team. It confirms our leading position in the no-code revolution (The Story of Kim: https://vimeo.com/482076991).”
The New Kim Patent, Priority Date 21 May 2013: Summary
When a DOCX template is uploaded into the Kim software it gains additional knowledge by learning the structural composition of each template and it is able to interface with any authenticated and authorized client over HTTPS with an intelligent understanding of the correctness of the data being supplied. This enables the automatic extraction of tags from the multiple sample documents, the storing of the tags in a data schema separate from the documents, automatically generating structural schemes from the tags, automatically creating document templates from the sample documents and processing the document templates to create unique identifiers (see ‘Patent Headlines’ section and the Kim patent: https://patents.justia.com/patent/10817662).
Karl Chapman, CEO of Kim said “With a proven scalable product, enterprise customers and a business model underpinned by patents, we are now focused on our next phase of growth. This sees us drive our ‘meet Users where they are’ R&D strategy (https://vimeo.com/453304064), focus on our core markets plus grow our ‘To-Market’ and customer and technical support infrastructure globally. This is a good moment to publicly thank our customers, partners, team and all other stakeholders. We would not have reached this key milestone without you all.”
Kim First Patent, Priority Date 19 September 2016: Recognize
Kim also has a patent for its Recognize tool. Recognize enables the automatic profiling and evaluation of large and complex volumes of content (e.g. contracts, forms, letters …) to provide automatic content calibration and recognition. Knowledge workers define templates with content controls that identify textual variance from an organization’s normative forms. When a new electronic document is received, its content can be evaluated amongst all templates for automatic recognition. Upon match, the electronic document can be assigned to the matching template ID. If a match is not found, the electronic document can be submitted to an area for manual evaluation. The recognition process provides a mechanism that stores electronic documents in a single location, identifies the electronic documents correctly, and identifies matching templates for correct evaluation (see Kim actively adapted knowledge base, content calibration, and content recognition patent:
Expert system for automation, data collection, validation and managed storage without programming and without deployment
“Throughout this invention’s writing the scheme’s unique ID will be referred to as scheme ID. With each DOCX template uploaded to the invention, the invention gains additional knowledge by learning the structural composition of each template and is able to interface with any authenticated and authorized client over HTTPS with an artificially intelligent understanding of the correctness of the data being supplied for that scheme ID.”
“It will be understood that there are numerous modifications of the illustrated embodiments described above which will be readily apparent to one skilled in the art, such as many variations and modifications of the template processing engine and/or its components including combinations of features disclosed herein that are individually disclosed or claimed herein, explicitly including additional combinations of such features. Also, there are many possible variations in the markup language, schema markup language, document template structure, environment for the illustrated embodiments. These modifications and/or combinations fall within the art to which this invention relates and are intended to be within the scope of the claims, which follow. It is noted, as is conventional, the use of a singular element in a claim is intended to cover one or more of such an element.”
- – “automatically extracting, with at least one processor, the tags from the plurality of sample documents;
- – automatically storing, with at least one processor, the extracted tags in a data structure separate from the plurality of sample documents;
- – automatically generating, with at least one processor, structural schemes from the tags, the structural schemes providing a structure for rules limiting data appropriate for the tags;
- – automatically creating, with at least one processor, document templates from the sample documents according to the structural schemes by removing the data elements from the sample documents and replacing the data elements within the sample documents with the tags from the data structure, wherein the document templates that are automatically created by the removing and replacing retain the text and formatting data in an unchanged state with the tags from the data structure in place of the data elements which have been removed;
- – processing the document templates, using at least one processor, to automatically generate a unique identifier for each of the document templates and automatically generate a unique identifier for each of the tags and a unique identifier for each of the structural schemes …”
The Story of Kim: https://vimeo.com/482076991
View the full announcement here.